Reasons to Invest in 2017
Posted by Jonathan Parfrey on December 31, 2016
In the waning hours of 2016, I’m asking you to invest in 2017.
Here’s a taste of what you can affect by supporting Climate Resolve in 2017.
- Climate Resolve will organize the state’s climate science symposium in January (you should attend)
- We will chair the state’s leading climate collaborative
- We will continue to coordinate the region’s environmental-transportation coalition, and help implement new Measure M projects
- We will organize local leaders to celebrate climate action
- We will continue to boldly communicate local impacts from climate change
- We will work with local communities and schools to combat climate emissions
- We will build projects that curb the urban heat island effect and keep LA cool
- We will help builders create excellent climate-ready developments
- We will challenge a proposed eight-lane freeway in Los Angeles County, a potential source of sprawl and emissions
- We will preserve and protect LA’s watersheds and nature (which, in turn, will protect us all)
- We will launch a new initiative with Sierra Business Council to bridge the rural-urban divide
- We will continue to advise numerous cities on climate action.
And, most importantly, we will advocate for climate action in corridors of power.
If you like our agenda, I’m now asking for your support.
Please consider a $100 tax-deductible gift to make 2017 a great year.
— Jonathan Parfrey